CPR C with AED
Length of Course: 4-6 hours
Certification: St. John Ambulance
Valid: 3 years
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Government Issued Photo I.D.
- Wear modest clothing (no tanks) for working in close contact with other students
- Be medically and physically apt to perform floor-work and first aid related activities
This course targets people who have a duty to respond to medical emergencies in a pre-hospital care environment as well as the general public. This group may include workplace first aiders, ski patrollers, police and other first responders, lifeguards, community health workers, coaches and others whose job requires them to perform CPR on adults, children and/or infants within the community or workplace. This course meets 2012 ILCOR guidelines for Basic Life Support
Course content includes:
- roles and responsibilities
- adult, child and infant resuscitation(1 rescuer CPR, automated external defibrillation, and choking)
- 2 rescuer adult CPR
- use of universal precautions including gloves and pocket mask
- written examination