Length of Course: Theory 4-6 Hours / Practicum 2 Hours
Certification: Green Seal Certified Safety Courses
Prerequisites: Be at least 16 years of age (or have a waiver signed by a legal parent/guardian) and bring along appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and outdoor clothing
Valid: 3 Years
Knowing all you can about your Snowmobile and the places you can ride is the best preparation for safe and enjoyable riding.
The Snowmobile Safety course is a 6-8 hour training program based on field-tested techniques, provides a fun and orderly way to learn proper Snowmobile operation. The rider learns about controls, reading terrain, turning, climbing hills, traction of the snowmobile and more.
In addition to the rules & procedures in this course, there are other regulations that may apply to your job as you operate a snowmobile. Examples include standards covering personal protective equipment (PPE), & public land restrictions.
Many operating procedures apply only to specific makes & models of snowmobiles.
- Have an understanding of snowmobile safety
- Have knowledge of personal protective gear
- Have knowledge of a snowmobile pre-trip
- Have knowledge of snowmobile preventative maintenance
- Have knowledge of snowmobile riding strategy
- Have knowledge of snowmobile riding hazards
- Have knowledge of safety equipment
- Have knowledge of snowmobile limitations
- Have knowledge of maintenance procedures
- Have knowledge of legislation