Length of Course: 8 hours
Certification: Energy Safety Canada
Valid: 3 years
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Government Issued Photo I.D.
- Wear modest clothing (no tank tops) for working in close contact with other students
- Be fit to perform course related activities
This one-day course is intended for all workers in the petroleum industry who could be exposed to hydrogen sulphide (H2S). The course covers the physical properties and health hazards of H2S, how to protect oneself and basic rescue techniques. Each student is required to operate self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), a detector tube device and rescue lift and drag exercises. This course is recognized worldwide and complies with Industry and Workplace Health & Safety Standards.
- H2S Properties, Health Hazards & Locations
- Hazard Assessment & Control
- Respiratory Protection Equipment
- Detection of H2S
- Initial Response Strategy
As part of this course, you will:
- Take part in course activities (ie. donning and operating SCBA, perform Rescue Techniques)
- Take part in a written exam