Fall Protection OSSA
Length of Course: 8 hours
Certification: Fall Protection Group
Valid: 3 years
Prerequisites: Government Issued Photo I.D.
Goal: To understand fall protection safety principles as they apply to the work environmentand how to correctly use fall protection at all times.
- Comprehend fall protectionfundementals and regulations
- Understand the various fall protection systems
- Understand methods of eliminating the fall hazard
- Identifying the components of personal travel restraint and fall arrest systems
- Understand equipment specifications, limitations, care and inspection
- Understand the methods of proper planningwhen controlling fall hazards
- Understand the need for rescue and self-rescue
- Review practical exercise in emergency response
To succesfully complete this course you will:
- Safely participate in classroom and practical work
- Complete practical components including, inspecting, fitting adjustments and connecting fall protection system and other requirements.
- Declare you are physically capable of performing and executing the Controlled Weight Transfer
- Pass a written theory test
- Receive a 30 day temporary certificate. A permanent card will be mailed to the registration address provided by you.